Industrial Chic™ Clamps in Unity Necklace
Artists and crafters unite to create an edgy jewelry art piece. Designed byMary Feliciano for Horizon Group USA.
For the purpose of the following instructions: all clasps are referenced to have two parts: “clamp-end” and “tail-end.”
- Lobster Clasp Chain: Create a series of links by attaching the following lobster clasps onto each other as indicated either by tail-end to tail-end (TAIL) with one jump ring; or clamp end to clamp end (CLAMP) by opening and closing the clamps:
- Medium copper lobster (TAIL) to large silver lobster (CLAMP)
- Large copper lobster (TAIL) to large silver lobster (CLAMP)
- Large copper lobster (TAIL) to medium silver lobster (TAIL).
- Spring Clasp Chain: Create a second series of links directly below your “lobster clasp chain” by connecting thirteen spring clasps to the clamp and tail ends of your large lobster clasps.
- Tip: Start from the middle-most area of the lobster clasp chain base.
- Prepare the charms by connecting one enameled ring per charm with one jump ring.
- Connect the thirteen charms that you prepared from Step 3 to the thirteen hanging spring clasps from Step 2.
- Tip: for balance in your design connect Charm (A) to the left end, Charm (G) to the middle and Charm (M) to the right end of the necklace.
- Take your Silver chain and cut three pieces that are each 10 inches in length.
- Take your first 10-inch silver chain and insert one end of the chain through one end of the lobster chain base and one end on a large jump ring. Repeat this until you have used up all three chains.
- Your necklace is now complete.